Thursday, December 16, 2010

Alone again...

Lrds. & Ldys.,

It's such a pity that we have to part ways again after such a brief time together. I cannot help but feel that this has happened before. At least this time there are far fewer bodies to dispose of, and I'm not compelled to visit Lancelot's mom again, or run off to a hermitage afterwards. Still, I long for the days when we sat around in Arthur's hall, putting the knife to the meat and the drink to the cup, even if we did have an occasional orphan turn up at the gate asking for help killing a giant.

Watching Monty Python was an appropriate way to end it though, I think. Especially since we cut the film off in the middle of a scene, which is the way it's meant to be done. Why leave them asking for more when you can simply leave them asking for closure?

To Arthur: Always know that I'm your right hand man. I'd be your left hand man too, but I'm not sure where I put it.

To Kay: I'd go questing with you any day, old friend.

To the rest of the court: Keep on fighting the good fight.

With that, I'll take my leave of you and head off into the wasteland...

Yrs.,
Bedwyr




1 comment:

Merlin said...

Sir Bedwyr,

Indeed, this table disbanded too soon. Fate has made us part my good friend. We're disappointed with Lancelot's incestuous relationship with Queen Guinevere. Afterall, most of us held a bitter grudge against Lancelot once the scandal began to circulate around the table.

I may be to blame too. I began to no longer aid Arthur, for my concern was to unite with Niviane and live happily ever after. Oh well: there will be another table, for empires must rise and fall. I must attend to my Lady.

Best,
Merlin