Monday, November 24, 2008

Why doth all hate me?

For most of these entries I have complained tirelessly about my impossible love for Queen Guinevere, but this time I have a bone to pick that is entirely different. Why are people always using me and plotting against me. What have I ever done to them? I know that being Arthur's most trusted knight puts me in a coveted position, but what have I ever done to wrong another living soul (besides that whole sleep with the Queen bit)? I have been so blinded by my love for the Queen that I have not seen the growing treachery and malice that consumes more and more men at this court every day. At least some knights at Carlilse such as Sir Gawain and Sir Bors have remained faithful to me and remember the services I have performed for them. Although looking back on it I must admit it was rather foolhardy of me not to heed Sir Bors warning that night to not visit my Queen. But I had to go to her because I love her more than my heart can bear, oh and there I go again talking about her all the time. She hath bewitched me from the moment our eyes first met. But why could not the late Sir Agravain and Sir Mordred be more like the band of knights who when I asked them said, " We will do as ye will do." Mordred and Agravain were too selfish and disrespectful of the king, just as my men are too trusting of me. It is too bad those two evil plotters could not have been more like my trustworthy purehearted knights.

5 comments:

Mrs. Whitaker said...

Lancelot, i must confess that you are every woman's fantasy ... except for the fact that you slept with your best friend and leige's wife! I do admit that you have done many wonderful things for your king and friend, but does that make up for what you did? Hard to say ... I would think not. Maybe if you had stayed away from the Queen, then Britian would not have lost the greatest king it has ever known. But it is too late to think about that now. We all must live with the choices that we have made in this lifetime.

Gawain said...

My dear friend Lancelot, you must know that in any situation I would stand taller for you than for any of the other knights of the court. We knights hold a heavy weight of duty on our armed shoulders that few know to acknowledge and must constantly face the strife of battling against the betrayers of this world. Sir Mordred and Sir Agravain were not yet ready to receive the whole responsibility of what it means to be a knight. There is so much that is asked of us and few know of the hardships that we knights suffer on the inside. I myself have also fallen weak to the temptations of straying off path, to give into the treachery of a beautiful woman.

I say to you all, people of Camelot and bloggers of the internet, to leave Sir Lancelot alone. I am sure that I can speak for my good friend Sir Bors as well, when I say that Lancelot is a good and just knight, one who deserves to be honored in the highest respect possible. I do know that it is hard for others to understand how hard it really is to be a knight, but we must be careful not to make hasty and brutish accusations to others simply because of mistakes that they have made. I ask one of you out there to look at me truthfully and say that you yourself have never committed an act of treason. Lancelot, you are a good knight, and do not allow the chidings of others to affect your virtuous heart,

Darcy said...

I appreciate you Lancelot. You are willing to prove that you are a true powerful man. You follow your own code without fear of others retributions. You fear no one, but every one fears you. That fear makes them respect you. That is exactly the kind of person I appreciate. It is how many of my relationships are. I commend you on your power.

Hoel said...

Lancelot,
You may be deemed as one of the greatest knights at the Round Table, maybe even the greatest, but in terms of a code of honor you fail greatly. As a knight, you should hold your Lord, Arthur, above everything you do. For you serve him and him alone. If your loyalty fails him, then you have failed as a knight and deserve the deeds that are done against you. Also, you betray him in the worst way possible, by committing sins with his wife. As long as you are disloyal, you are not considered a Knight of the table Round to me.

Sir Kay said...

Lancelot, or sir Lancelot if you ever were one. No one can doubt your military prowess, or intelligence when not muddles by illusions of grandeur with Queen Guinevere. But sheer strength alone doesn't make you a Knight. We knights have strict codes of morality and righteousness we must adhere to in order to be considered Knights, paladins, the upholders of justice, protectors of the weak, and slayers of the wicked. You have quite obviously failed to adhere to the code. You are a good fighter, Lancelot, but that's all you are; a fighter. You are no knight.