Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Holy Grail

After all this time, I am the person who finds the Holy Grail! Of all the places to be, who would have thought it would have been found under an old fur coat in a little shop? Go figure that a Knight of King Arthur's court finally shows up to claim the darn thing! I was hoping to keep it up on my mantle place. But, in keep with the old traditions, I knew that I couldn't just give Galaad the most sacred treasure ... he had to prove that he was worthy! I figured doing some housework would do the boy some good. Goodness knows that men do not like to help around the house, so only a true gentleman would agree to help an old lady.

Now you may ask, why didn't I accept the apple? Well, my health was fine, I already was young, and I don't want immortal life with our my late husband Henry. I liked my life the way it was, and have no desire to go back and relive it or watch everyone around me die while I live forever. I have done everything that I already wanted, so why would I want to prolong the next great adventure - death? You may think that I am foolish, but I am an old lady and that is my desire. If you can't get old and act foolish, then what's the point?

You may not agree with my choices, but I think I did fine. Now, what am I to do with this Lamp and the Genie? hmmm ......

2 comments:

Culhwch said...

You are a woman of unusual wisdom to have recognized the holy grail immediately. That fool of a store owner had no idea of the true value. however, i was perplexed by the fact that you wanted only to display the object on you mantlepiece.

Ygrene said...

I beleiev you are the sweetest old woman ever. But I must say you are also the most brave. To have lived without a husband would have devistated me. How on earth did you mannage to get by?