Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What a grand sight it must have been!!

Oh you should have seen their faces! Knight after Knight stunned at the sight they had seen. For me Sir Bertilak disguised in this phantasm of fear to burst into their yule tide feast and challenge their valor in such a way. Its true my Green Knight guise was quite a brash touch to add, but if the Round Table wished to be praised by the world it is a test they must pass. At first no one stepped forward to accept my challenge then as Arthur was about to accept the courageous Sir Gawain intervened. I could not have planned it any better. As he wound up for his mighty hack I could not help but wonder in my mind how these knights would react to the surprise I had in store for them. Their jaws dropped when my dacapitated body calmly walked over and retrieved my severed head. What a sight it must have been for them, for me to be holding my own head after it had been cut clean off by Sir Gawain. The mood of terror in that room is unmatched for sure. Now I can only wait for Sir Gawain to show at my chapel in one year from now. What a quest he shall have in deed. As for me I will retire to my kingdom and enjoy some exhilirating hunts of dread dogs and wild boars alike.

1 comment:

Darcy said...

My dear you might not have been able to plan it better, but indeed I planned it to perfection. I knew exactly what would happen. I knew Arthur would stand up, but that no respectable Knight could let their King fight to almost certain death. Sir Gawain must be terrified to loose his own head. haha He shall not fail to show in a year, but little does he know that the testing of his character shall begin way before that. This is game is so much more entertaining than a normal year at court. I wish I could tell Arthur so that he could appreciate it.