Monday, November 24, 2008

To Be Caught

A Love Affair!!! So this is what is to bring down the great Arthur. Well it is shameful. How easy it must be to blame Mordrid and the others for such a terrible fate. Do we forget that it was not Mordrid having an affair behind the kings back, It was The Queen! She let loose her bodily controls and cavorted around with Lancelot. How could two such seemingly good people go so far from their paths. Arthur is the king, he is their lord, and deserves the utmost respect and loyalty. Lancelot killed another knight of the Round Table! Uther would be appalled at such unruly and degenerate behavior In the ranks surrounding the King. Even had Arthur not been a king and only low ranking royalty or even peasant he deserves the love and loyalty of his wife. A wife should adore her husband and be repulsed by any advances from someone other than her husband. I fear that King Arthur's choice in a Queen was a poor choice and unfortunately both he and his kingdom had to pay for it. I weep for such a sorrowful tale on behalf of Arthur and i condemn the actions of Lancelot and Guenevere, No matter how good they were otherwise.

2 comments:

Maid Frances said...

Ah the former Queen Ygrene is quick to forget how her husband Uther himself once took the life of a fellow lord and knight in order to gain her very hand. It is simply a bold faced lie to accuse me of doing something her husband would not have approved of when her very husband commited essentially the same shameful act. We both broke the sacred union of marriage and we both bed another man's wife whilst she was still married. Uther is not above me in deed or action. And yet while I may have taken another man's wife to bed, I never married her nor took my good king's lands. I cannot say the same for Uther.

Isolde said...

It is easier to say that a wife should be faithful to her husband, but unfortunately it is much harder to actually do. Trust me I have first hand experience with this! Falling in love with another man and being forced to suppress that love is just unbearable. I would not wish such a fate on my worst of enemies. To deny yourself your one true love is like going against all that is right in the world. It can change a person, and people find themselves doing things that they never thought imaginable.