Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Lord Arthur

Alas, I am distraught at how the great King Artur is portrayed in The Wedding of Sir Gawain and Dame Ragnell. The lord Arthur is not the spineless coward that this story depicts. Arthur is a man of great honor and bravery. The Arthur that I know would have killed that man on the spot for daring to try to attack a king without honor. I am greatly offended by this. I will continue to sing the praises of the lord Arthur and may I spite those who cowards who dare mock the great king.

3 comments:

Culhwch said...

I heartily agree. The king arthur that I know is a great fighter and a great hunter. He is less interested in courting the wishes of ladies than he is of procuring fame. Though Sir gawain is a worthy knight, I cannot picture Arthur backing down from an immediate challenge.

Maid Frances said...

I agree as well. King Arthur is absolutely unparalleled in leadership and courage. His military prowess and leadership make him a god among men or at least the best and most worhty king this knight has ever known. Never has a king been a better ruler, commander, and friend. Although in some versions of my tale I am seen fighting against him such as in Malory's text, I will always love King Arthur and his fair lady Queen Guinevere. The quarrel between us is highly unfortunate and sorely suffered by us both.

Taliesin said...

Thanks be to the heavens! Finally some men worthy of Arthur. I can not express how happy I am at your words, yet it does not change the fact that Arthur is becoming a mere footnote in his own legend. Why do they not just branch off and call it the legend of Sir Gawain etc.. Alas...I am tired of these backwards tales.