Saturday, November 15, 2008

Alas, my demise...

Ah, the last adventure of my lord, King Arthur. My last tale as well…But what a glorious fight it was. I was more like my self than in any other tale. Yes, I was known for my courteousness in my adulthood, but in my youth I was more driven by my desire to fight. And it was this desire that led me into battle against that horrendous traitor Mordred! I admit I may have been a bit blinded, but there was honor in my actions. We were outnumbered- But my knights were brave! They defeated many enemies on that battle field before they fell. And I feel that I preformed admirably as well! I may have been defeated and slain, but before I drew my last breath I fought that fiend Mordred and wounded him! I am proud that I met my demise on the battle field. It is the best death a knight could wish for.

I am saddened that I caused so much heartache for my lord, King Arthur. I admit I was pleased when I read how much he was stricken by my death, but was proud when he moved on and channeled that grief into the desire to fight. He fought to avenge me, and he succeeded in killing Mordred where I failed. He killed the man that killed me and I could rest. Of course there is no rest forever as I’m writing this from beyond the grave I suppose. Ha ha. I was surprised Mordred was regretful at killing me, but what’s done is done…

2 comments:

olwen said...

To The Knight of the Surcoat
I am praying to you aloud. I hope that you and King Arthur can hear me.I hope your souls may rest in peace since Mordred is dead. You both fought hard and brave. Culwch and I will miss you both dearly.
Till we meet again,
Olwen

Taliesin said...

Yes... this is a version that is worthy of the great King. His exploits in battle were very close to real thing and his bravery and valor unparalelled. Yet there is that one who always betrays... and so I am saddened at the untimly end of the great king.