Monday, November 3, 2008

I have the power.

Dear Subjects,

I hope that realize the power that I know hold. Your precious King Arthur is not my sovereign and I am not his subject. He succumbs to my will as does everyone. This text does not assert me as an ethereal power, but if one reads carefully my assertion of power is quite present. I am so prophetic that I knew exactly how to manipulate not only the King and Queen, but all of their court including the noble Gawain. I knew their reactions and how to manipulate them. The text and the Green Knight assert that I arranged this entire event simply to kill or torture the Queen. I will say that this game or intrigue was designed and installed for my amusement, but it was not out of jealousy of the Queen. It was to show Arthur and his knights that although they think that they have the control and power in their land they indeed do not, but that I Morgan do. Unlike Arthur, I do not feel that I need to flaunt my power, and garner praise and admiration to feel my true strength. My knowledge of my own power and others fear and respect of it is enough for me which is why I am not that present in the text. I am not looking for the glory as much as I am the respect. It also amuses me that the text tries to diminish my true influence and only a clever or astute reader will realize that I orchestrated the entire plot. I do not appreciate the ugliness that is attributed to me though I realize it is the only way for men to try and distract from my prowess. I was considered quite beautiful in my day and am still not considered a hag even now. That description is just a poor attempt to make the plot focus on my supposed jealousy of the Queen's beauty which is scarcely the case. I just wanted Arthur to know that although he is King and has received much acclaim he is still nothing more than a subject to my will and whims. I can make him perform whenever i want and however I want. So dance Arthur dance.

Sincerely your ruler,
Morgan

3 comments:

Gawain said...

You Morgana, are the wretched sorcerer that men speak of when they speak of treachery. True that I was deceived by your magical doings, but to go as far as to insult my King and Queen is unacceptable. You use the paranormal to compensate for the little power you have over your own self and that of your brother Arthur's...why I would be genuinely surprised if I had ever known you to gain anything without using the charms of your magic or your lusty womanhood.

You do not dare to speak about our Queen Guiniviere! As if you are in a higher state then she, for she is the most beautiful in all the land and you envy it undeniably. Arthur is the most noble man in the land of England, and although young he does not resist to stand up for his court when it is most needed, whatever the consequences may be. Our roundtable court does not rely on the petty workings of magic and mysticism to control our power and prescence. Arthur has loyal knights such as myself to maintain his power and control.

As much as you may think that you control Arthur by the imaginary strings of some atrocious witchery, you are wrong, for the knights and ladies of Arthur stand by his side so faithfully that no strings would ever dare come near our king.

The Knight of Surcoat said...

I agree with everything my counterpart Gawain said about you. You may think you control us, but your trickery and plots are always foiled. When you lured me into a fight with the Green Knight I may have put a blot on my honor when I did not keep my vow in full to the baron, but in the end I survived, and actually learned a valuable lesson. No matter what you do your brother Arthur is King; he has the true power and respect in his realm. Why, long after our time was over, rulers tried to trace their lineage to him, and many discuss his life and rule even now hundreds of years later!

Giant said...

Rahr! For one related to the wretched Arthur I am surprised I like what you do with yourself. Though I, the giant, could easily make your head into the mush like the brain that Gawain and the others seem to possess, I feel closer to you than any others in your bloodline. I would like to know how the marrow of your bones taste, maybe you should come for dinner