Sunday, October 24, 2010

Oh, Dearest Gawain!

I had forseen your arrival, and with greatest respects told Arthur of your great strength (no doubt deriving from your great lineage!). If only he had taken my account more seriously, as he knows I have never deceived him! Instead he snuck away from my side, and tried to ambush you - which only left Kay and he embarrassed as you knocked them into the stream! I knew he would do that; he acts as if I am utterly unaware! I did, however, find pleasure in showing Arthur his horses and the ring you gave me the following morning, as I had prophesized receiving these that night, furthering Arthur's sense of shame. And then to think he halted in telling you your identity until you completed a task that he and his men could not! I was thrilled to hear that you had successfully proven yourself to Arthur, although I, too, knew this would happen. You truly are a wonderful knight. I am pleased to call you Arthur's and my nephew. May your strength and fame increase greatly, and may you always strive to be the best knight.

1 comment:

Sir Kay said...

How dare you say i was embarrassed! Yes Arthur was knocked into the stream, but I feel just to show all that I will do anything for my King. I know you think Gawain is great, but I also am a great knight, and devout myself to you and our King. I may have looked foolish on several occasions, but it is all in favor of the king and country. I sir Kay is the most loyal of all knights, and you should know this. I also believe I am greater then Sir Kay, due to my total faith in our king. I wish you noticed this....