Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Un-fair lady...

I, Sir Kay, was recently humiliated in my own King's court. It is well known that I am the most loyal follower to our great King Arthur. I will knowingly go out to any lengths to defend his honor, and the honor of his court. I will gladly do battle with man for just a chance to uphold the King's name and honor. Since I am the most noble, and fair knight, I have complete faith in my self. So when a knight brought a mantle to our Court, for the ladies to try, I knew my lady would be of the fairest kind, since I am such a noble and strong knight. Alas, I was mistaken. I told her "come forward; you may take the mantle unafraid and fearless. there is no one your equal here in truth and faithfulness...With honor and distinction we two shall carry off the victory today." This lady has ashamed and dishonored me, for the mantle did not fit. She is apparently not worthy of my company, and now I am on the hunt for a more proper and deserving maiden...

2 comments:

Adam Overbay said...

Friend Kay, I'd not worry on the matter long. Heed my advice, my old friend:

Seek not a new lady. Instead, seek your fortune on the field of battle. You were one of the best of our numbers in the old times, and surely a return to battle would do your heart good. It is all this tarrying at court that has all of us in this miserable rut. I haven't even been doing anything worth mentioning for the past few centuries! A time is coming, my friend, when we'll ride out for glorious battle again. We may have to deal with a little of the courtly annoyances, but the campaigning life is not far off.

In the meantime, keep your lady as she is. None are shamed if all are shamed. Besides, who wants to spend their days off the battlefield surrounded by a bunch of prudes?

-Yrs.
Bedwyr

Gwendoloena said...

Just because an enchanted mantle does not fit right does not mean a lady is not at all virtuous. If you recall, the mantle did not fit me perfectly either. But I am Arthur's queen, and a wonderful lady none the less. Don't be so harsh on your lady, Sir Kay. She has been humiliated in front of everyone by this mantle. She need not lose you over it as well. Find it in your heart to overlook her mistakes, as you do not know her side of it; all you know is what this mantle has 'told' you.