Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How dare she!

My dearest Tristan, so far away in Brittany,

My love, my life, gravely injured by a wretched giant, to which Caerdin came to London with such horrific news. Caerdin, the brother of Tristan's dreadful Isolde of the White Hands, came to me begging to heal Tristan. The shock you must know that I felt, when I heard that Caerdin was coming to beg me—to do something that surely I wouldn't even have to think twice about. But, for our situation, I am married to King Mark and the other Isolde to Tristan, so we have to hide our truest feelings. However, I will heed my ranting and tell you why I have brought you here in the first place. I am sorely angry that I traveled such a dangerous and hellish voyage to Brittany only to be cheated by Isolde of the White Hands. You see, my sweet Tristan told Caerdin to wave a white flag to which he would see and know that I was in route to save his divine life. Tristan then told Caerdin to wave a black flag, if I, for some reason were unable to come to my beloved. The trouble then begins here, when Tristan feeling close to death, asked Isolde of the White Hands what color the mainsail was and so the terrible Isolde tells a lie so dreadful of lies. She tells her husband and my lover that the sail was certainly black, to which then my eternal darling’s life was hoisted from his body. Just as I was only a short while away!! The treachery! I had made it on time and could have saved his life, if only such horrible lies weren’t spoken. It is her fault, Isolde of the White Hands, she who must be blamed for the death of Tristan and so I too shall pass on.

No comments: