Thursday, October 28, 2010

More Green-Friendly Challenges...

I left their court after that challenge feeling brave. It was thoroughly satisfying to see the look on the chumps' faces when I instilled fear into the heart of that fool Gawain. That act back there will leave em' thinking deeply for a year...

Now that that challenge has been completed, I can focus on getting this head of mine back on my shoulders and venturing homeward. Let me see if I have that Sir Phillips Head handy. Ah, there it is. Couple turns, few screws...there, good as green.

What's that in the distance? Looks like another one of those chumpy knights. Let me call him and test his mettle. Say you, what's your name? Really? I always thought that that was a woman's name. I guess I was wrong.

Where are you headed? That's not too far from here. Since that pathetic looking horse of yours is in such agony would you be up for a challenge? Good.

If you are brave enough, I challenge you to try and take a swipe at this leaf I hold in my hand with your sword. If you are able to take both it and my hand off before I drop it after saying go, you can have this mighty green steed of mine. Ready? Good. Go...

Ah, well done dear pasty looking fellow. As I have spoken thus it shall be. Take this steed and I will look after yours. Well, there goes my valiant horse. I really ought to reconsider challenging every courteous knight that crosses my path...

Oh, hello there young friend. Would you be up for a challenge? Nothing in the world is much more gratifying...










1 comment:

Adam Overbay said...

Good Sir Knight,

I must say that I like your style. Far too often in today's Court, young knights are too given over to idleness and frivolity, and it is refreshing to see a knight that has no compunction about entering the hall of another king, even when the drink is in the drinking horn and the fork has been put to the meat.

I've heard tell that you are a great hunter as well, good Sir Knight. I've heard that, you have taken piles and piles of deer, slain an epic boar, and out-foxed a fox. Well done.

Which makes me wonder...

Your beard. It's quite epic, in its own right. The beard of a hero, one might say. What do you think the tensile strength of your beard might be, good Sir? If braided, do you think it might make a sturdy rope, or leash, perhaps?

How tall are you?

Are you a heavy sleeper?

Yrs hmbly,
Bedwyr