Saturday, September 20, 2008

The power to make them weak

What an exciting adventure I have just lived.
My husband Sir Bertilak, asked me for a very peculiar thing.
Sir Gawain was expected to come to our castle asking for a place to stay.
And I, The host’s wife made sure he wouldn’t forget me, for the rest of his days.
Sir Gawain was after the Green Knight,
The thing he wasn’t aware of,
Is that the Green knight was my husband in disguise.
Yes, Morgan the Fay decided to give Arthur’s court a surprise,
And shock Guinevere whom she hates, all of this at the same time.
The Green knight paid a visit to Arthur’s court at the time of Christmas celebration,
Sir Gawain was the brave one, who decided to fight with no hesitation.
After defeating the Green knight, a deal was made.
One Year later exactly, Sir Gawain shall fight once again.
So Sir Gawain set off looking for the Green Knight,
And ended up in our castle where my job was to make him fall.
While my husband went out to hunt, I sneaked into his room.
I tried my best to seduce him seduce him, until his honor was disproved.
Mighty difficult Sir Gawain, he tried to be loyal and smart.
He declined my kisses, my affection and my warmth,
However he did not resist the power to save his life,
Made out of green silk, I offered him my magical sash,
He was glad to hear that by wearing it, he was safe from all harm.
Such an intelligent man he seemed to be
It seemed so difficult for him to give in to me
However there’s no bigger power over King Arthur’s Knights,
Than that power held by me.
The power of being female,
The power to make them weak.

1 comment:

Gawain said...

Aye, for it is true that I did not act as a noble knight of my being should have in the company of Lady Bertilak. I did my best to refuse her temptations of flesh, and although I thought her to be very beautiful, I knew that it was not in my soul to commit such lustful acts against the wife of my host. I cannot offer any reconciliations or excuses for my actions. I will only say that I was frightened for the loss of my own life and betrayed my duties as a loyal man by taking the silk mantle from Lady Bertilak to save myself. It was an act of instinct that I could not help but do. Ashamed and with a cloud of gloom over my head, I made my way back to Arthur and the Roundtable, full of wretchedness for my misdoings and wearing the mantle as a sign of my sin. Oh how weary I felt after having experienced such a journey! Having experienced such deceit and magic and that terrible Morgan Le Fay tricking me with her spells of disguise, I had no energy left to even hold my head up. But my lord Arthur and his fair lady Guinievere took it in their hearts to forgive me and look past my mistakes. They even bore mantles of their own as a way of showing their consonance and forgiveness. Yes it is true that I have done wrong, but who is to say that every knight is virtuous and perfect in every way possible? For I am only a mortal man, and subject to faults of my own.