Sunday, September 21, 2008

Oh, the Infidelity of Women

I forever curse that young man, who brought the mantle to Camelot, for his mission was one of the Devils. I still believe it not that my fair maiden, beautiful and true, could be dishonest. However, I now make it known to all that there is nary one woman amongst a thousand who be true to her husband, for all women desire novelty when they tire of their man, who performs valiant feats of honor in their name. Christ, I ask how this derision be brought down upon us, your most loyal servants, and most of all, upon King Arthur! Not even Guinevere, who I held as the purest and fairest of all maidens, could wear the mantle. Only one fair damosel in all of Camelot could wear the mantle true as it were meant to be. I lament at our unseeing eyes, and hope only that a day will come when I may soon redeem myself in the eyes of God and our King.

2 comments:

Marie de France said...

I could not agree with Sir Kay more on this one point: "forever curse that young man, who brought the mantle to Camelot, for his mission was one of the Devils". Curse more, I should say, the author who penned such a tale! Such propaganda against women should be severely edited (because burning literature--even sexist literature--is simply wrong). This tale disturbs and utterly repulses me. I'd very much like to weave a mantle and test the integrity of men!

Tom Eagle said...

All this sorry episode proves it what was already known by those with eyes to see - the corruption and sin of my good "uncle's" court, corruption that might perhaps be put to my advantage should the opportunity arise...
It shows also the folly of that blustering idiot Kay. "Purest and fairest of all maidens"? Sir, you surely jest.