Friday, September 26, 2008

Advice to Tristan

I hear that you are a brave and valiant knight, however I think you have grown soft. If you have such strong desire for this Isolde , why do you not simply obtain her? It was you who brought her to King Mark's court; why did'nt you just keep her for yourself from the beginning? Letting her marry another man was your first mistake, but our history shows that a king will not long stand between a strong man and the woman he desires. What of Uther Pendragon? My cousin, Arthur would not be here today had Uther idly stood by and pined for love. My own father took his second with from another king, though in my opinion he could have done better.

2 comments:

Hoel said...

How dare anyone question the authority of a king? King Mark should be respected, just as King Arthur should be in every respect, especially with regards to his woman. King's have the right to have what is rightfully theirs. This Tristan you speak of is not a king at all. He sneaks around behind his uncle's back. I would never do such a thing to my uncle, King Arthur.

olwen said...

Dear husband,
Do not be so hard on him for if it was not for the love potion neither Tristan nor Isolde would know of true love. They now realize it is true love. The only problem is it may be to late. For he may have to defeat his own uncle King Mark to fulfill their destiny. I hope King Mark can understand this and give Isolde to Tristan as a gift to his nephew.