Monday, September 22, 2008

Honestly...

I find the events that occurred during this particular joyous and festive period of Pentecost (the same period at which I, myself first arrived at court) to be most curious and distressing. Although I have never felt a more passionate love than that for our almighty God, I can express sympathy towards those who should feel such pain and humiliation at the hands of those whom they so endeared and trusted. However, I do not feel it is right to condemn solely those unfaithful women who were tried. Would it not be also possible for there to be unfaithful men within such an immense gathering? With whom else should those women fornicate than those with whom they are close in proximity? I speak with conviction and experience when I say that it is possible for a man to remain chaste and sinless. Why should not the same standards be upheld for all men as they are for women? In my opinion the mantle should have been a test for all who gathered there on that day; it should have been an awakening for all who have strayed from sincerity and dedication to their beloveds and to God.

1 comment:

Giant said...

The awakening is that no one in your court is at all free from these sins. You see me as evil, but you all have the same evils inside. Just because you hide behind flashy armor and pretty dresses doesn't change the passions and urges that you all obviously give to, as do I. The women are smart not to stay faithful, it's a folly of a game played by knights of chivalry who themselves cannot keep faithful. You don't need any mantle to know they the men are guilty too. Your valor is a farce and the pain you feel from the exposed truth is hypocritical