Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Round Table has fallen silent!

Since my fair friend Merlin did not appear to comment on the Alliterative Morte Arthure, I feel that it is only just that I report to you all in my old crony's absence.

For it is in this tale that the greatest injustices that the great people of Britain has ever suffered are written. It should truly have never have gotten to this point! We lost everyone who mattered to the overall good of the land and the sovereignty of our great nation.

I had become too hungry with power and by leaving my people behind to approach others whom I thought I should conquer, I left my own homeland open for invasion. And invaded it was, on the inside, by the one person whom I thought worthy enough to rule in my place!

Now Mordred, we both perished because of your insidious deeds! All of the great men that served me so nobly have also suffered the same fate. The blood of great men spilled across the English countryside and all because I was ignorant enough to trust in Mordred.

Of course this is where I went wrong. I should have taken him with me as he desired. I should have left a more trustworthy soul in his position! I was a fool, but forever shall I be known and aveneged. As the kin of Mordred are hunted, I shall be there to watch over those in pursuit as the prey is slaughtered and tossed into the wicked ocean!

2 comments:

Sir Gromer Somer said...

How like you, King, to order others to perform deeds you should have performed long ago. Why did you not slaughter Mordred's children while you were still alive? Perhaps you could have avoided bloodshed if you had killed him long ago...but no, Arthur has to have his way, and his knights are there to serve his wishes. Even when almost ALL of them are dead because of your poor judgement.

The Green Knight said...

The encounter that you and I had together when our meeting was discussed should have acted as a fore-warning of this very thing: Things are not as they appear, King Arthur. It would have saved you a lot of heartache to have tried probing deeper into what was actually going on around you. The lesson that we can take away is simple and widely known by many throughout the land but worthy of one more mention: Things are not always as they appear!...so try to look deeper into whatever situation you are in in order to spare yourself these occurrences.