Monday, November 22, 2010

Hello, it is I again! Sir Valven!

Hello, and God’s graces, my fellow knights and ladies!  It is I, Valven!  I’m sure you are all wondering where I’ve been since the Saga of the Mantle.  Well I’ll have you know that just because nobody saw fit to include me in any of the many adventures that Arthur or his knights have been on since, but rest assured, I am still here!  And I think it’s about time I had something to say about all the things that have been happening in our land.
My friends, it is no secret that Lancelot has been taking the Queen to bed, and an affair of such magnitude is both deplorable in all ways, and a sign of the necessity of this message.  I must now tell you all of the great danger that besets any and all unfaithful knights and ladies:  the ravaging plague of syphilis.  

God watches us all, this we know, each and every one of us.  But all too often, the mind slips, and the power of the Lord is forgotten, and the body conspires to act against Him.  And to those who commit infidelity, the punishment from God is syphilis, from a queen to a pauper, none are above the Lord’s judgment.

Even now, as sure as I am of the sun in the sky, Lancelot and our once-noble Queen have been summarily set upon by the all-consuming disease.  Each and every adulterous knight and lady will be made an example of, for the better-making of the minds of the faithful and virtuous.  I can attest that in the months following the incident of the Mantle, that many of the former ladies of Camelot were taken by the disease - made examples by God.

And now I fear that Lancelot and Gweneviere will follow the same path.  It is a true shame, such a noble queen, and the strongest, most famous and capable knight in the land brought low by common lust but alas, none of us are without weakness.  I only wish that this horrible occurance had never been visited upon such a wonderful court, and such a noble knight.  So beware, my fellow men of the Round Table, for if you are unfaithful to your lady, then a death most unpleasant at the cruel methods of syphilis await you!

1 comment:

C40 said...

Well Sir Valven, it is great to hear your noble words booming across the Round Table and informing us all of this great ill!

However it does bring me great stress and discomfort to know that such dire consequences exist in our fairest of societies!

Are we no longer the great civilized nation of Britain? Have we lost our way? Can we no longer even control our own selves to ensure that our health carry us to eternity?

I fear not, as the itch of desire has led to an outbreak of burning of our loins! Sir Valven, I praise thee for bringing this matter to the fore!