Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Arthur Cheats, and Life Isn't Fair!

I met Arthur alone. I specifically told him to return to me alone. Did I say he could crawl back to his friends and beg for help? NO! So what does the cheater do? He runs to his castle and pours his soul out to Gawain. The two of them hatch a plot to cheat their way out of my riddle, and betray my trust in Arthur. I let him live with the sure knowledge that, as an honorable king, he would not abuse my trust. This contest was mine to win, and Arthur knew that! He chose to cheat his way to victory (of sorts), and suddenly I'm the bad knight for threatening him alone in the woods? I gave him an honorable chance to redeem himself, and he threw it out the window in favor of the easy road.

And I can't help but be frustrated by the fact that my sister betrayed me...I mean she gave up the answer and cost me my forest of Inglewood. What kind of family is that? Sovereignty indeed. She wants my forest too! I'm finished dealing with Arthur and his knights. I think I'll go work for Mordred (when he shows up). Nobody gets the best of the Summerday Man!

2 comments:

Mordred said...

I agree! Arthur makes other people seem like the bad guy, when he's the real bad guy! Arthur is deceitful and a cheater, always. He can't just do what someone tells him to do. He has to go find loopholes or even just break the rules all together. What kind of "honorable" king does that? I, personally, don't understand what people see in him.
You, Sir Gromer Somer, seem like a good man! I would gladly let you join my side of this battle!

Guinevere said...

I understandeth that thou art quite put out by thy devious sister. However, thou hast to admit that she got thee pretty darn good - I mean, what a great prank! Thou thought that thou hadst her all ugly forever and then, bam! Dame Ragnelle and I will have to cometh up with some more good ones.