Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Don't Pity Gawain

How utterly absurd for you all to sympathize with my husband and Gawain. While the lord is out hunting, partaking in his 'sport', Gawain is doing the same from his bed. The bed my husband entrusts him to sleep in. Ha! How foolish of him...no? You think that simply because we have yet to sleep together that he has been faithful? I know in his heart he wants to be, but I see the way he looks at me. He glares foolishly, both in awe and disdain. Based on his reputation I would have figured he'd have no problem pursuing me or at the very least welcoming my advances. I still believe it's only a matter of time.

2 comments:

Marie de France said...

Do you truly believe that Gawain is the one hunting not being hunted? Lady, I think you should really take a better look at your own actions. The fact that Gawain has denied you thus far is only showing that he truly is the virtuous man he is known to be. Of course, you are very beautiful and I'm sure many men would be more than willing to take you, had they the chance. Could we just assume you are displeased by his denying you because you are insulted? Though you might be one of the fairest lady's Gawain has ever seen, that does not mean he will deny God by taking part in such a sinful act. But let us not forget why your husband is out hunting, would you really want Gawain to exchange the gift you intend on giving him with your husband? I doubt that very much. I do sympathize with your loneliness as your husband is out on the hunt, but in the end it is evident that you were on your hunt as well.

Guinevere said...

Dearest Bertilak's Lady,

Props to thee for such a clever prank. I do so lovst a good one! Though, I am a bit irked that the entire thing was conceived by Morgan Le Fay to scare me to death. Didst thou truly believe that I wouldst die from such a startle? Prithee, tell Morgan Le Fay I am a bit heartier than she thinks. But just between thee and me, thank heavens it was Gawain and not Lancelot who rode off to have his head chopped off or a scare to the death I may have had!