Monday, November 15, 2010

Beware fair court...

...something very strange is afoot. For I recently had images of utter destruction whence I layeth down to slumber this past eve. A great, ghastly, ferocious bear had taken up battle with a magnificent, monstrous dragon. I tell you all that this dream was so vivid that I awoke in the purest of panics, having the utmost feeling that this dream was telling me something.

I shall stand to attempt to wipe these images from my mind for the time being as I have taken up with much more important tasks which require immediate consideration. For one thing, Lucius Iberius of the Romans has insisted that I, Arthur, King of the Britons, paya tribute to him as if we, the great, mighty and proud citizens of Britain, would be in line with their rule. PREPOSTEROUS I say, and I shall address this situation directly.

Another thing I have had to tend to is the slaying of a Giant at St. Michael's Mount. For this beast was one who had been spoken of as a hideous human who had devoured over 500 people and had recently taken hold of the Duchess of Britanny. I shall have no such thing, as a beautiful lady of nobility deserves a proper resque and the Giant deserves a proper death for his deeds.

Yet in the back of mind, I can't help but think that thyne dream was something of a forwarning of sorts. Could it be that it is a premonation? I shudder to think of what the dream symbolizes and how in this great world of Lord's that I play into this narrative. I shall hope that it was something or pure fantasy that in time shall be forgotten and placed with other repressed memories that shall remain buried with the dead.

4 comments:

jbyrnes227 said...

My liege,

As many are want to point out, the silver coated, fire breathing dragon in your dream is in close relation to your magnificent self. I have no qualms about your victory; I only wish I could have fought the battle for you. My heart is filled with the purest light in honor of the best and truest king a knight can serve, so I do believe my presence could have sufficed, instead of putting you in danger and causing you these qualms about dangerous premonitions and the like.

In response to Lucius Iberius of the Romans, I am in full tandem with you. How dare he believe that Briton’s greatest king pay tribute to their lowly selves.

Guinevere said...

My Dearest Lord and Husband,

Pray tell, why didst thou rush off so quickly to save the fair Duchess of Brittany from the treacherous Giant at St. Michael’s Mount? The mournful lady didst not deserve so horrific a death and I am both proud and grateful for thy chivalric cunning in defeating the cannibalistic beast. However, I am troubled that thou so quickly didst leap to her rescue when thou raised not a finger to save me, thine own wife, from the unfaithful Meleagant. First, thou allowed Kay to take me alone to meet Meleagant in the first place, and second, thou might have come to save me thyself but thou didst not. Thankfully thine own friend Lancelot came to my rescue instead or my life wouldst have been forfeit.

The Giant of St. Michael's Mount said...

Arthur and the wild dreams of monsters belonging to him show the lunacy the great king possesses. Bears with the blackest hair and dragons with fierce talons; what a sight indeed. Perhaps prophetic. Perhaps inner conflict. I will see to devour the bellies of all the peasants belonging to Arthur. Delicious!

Mordred said...

Well, that's it. As you can all see, Arthur is officially crazy. I mean, really. Who honestly thinks that it's a good idea to have a king who has crazy dreams and then expects them to be explained because they "mean" something.

Just because you have a vivid dream, it doesn't mean that it's going to come true. And just because you're "King Arthur", it doesn't mean that you're dreams are more special than anyone else's. It was just a nightmare!

I would tell you that you should stop over thinking things, but I'm starting to think that maybe I can use your insanity to my advantage...