Monday, December 8, 2008

The power of Morgana

Let this be a warning to whomever wishes to doubt the power of Morgana. Not only was she sucessful in guiding me into the Arthurian court with a most gruesome and eye catching disguse as the Green Knight. But she got the best of Merlin as well. Although it may seem very cruel for her to play with Merlins emotions and use his desire for her to gain knowlege of sorcery, it must be respected nonetheless. She made the most of her opportunity in the The Prose Merlin when she clouded Merlins judgement and bewitched hims so her could not see her plan against Arthur unfold. This would eventually lead to her theft of Excalibur and placing of an identical yet worthless sword for Arthur to use in battle. I truly respect Morganas power after hearing of this loatesome yet creative plan to bring about the fall of not only Arthur but Merlin as well.

1 comment:

Darcy said...

Oh Bertilak, do not pretend that it is merely my plan and defeat of Arthur and Merlin that gains respect from you. I sit in the seat of highest honor in your court. I protect you and aid your wife in protecting you. Do you think you would have your precious girdle if it were not for my sorcery no matter how it was learned. My treatment of Merlin was no more cruel then your participating in my game as the Green Knight. We let a man think he was going to die for months while we tested his honor. Do you not think this is cruel as well? If Merlin could have exploited me he would. Do not think that old lecher is more full of honor. I just beat him to it. I think we should come up with a new game, the manners of the court bore me. Are you ready to play?