Monday, September 20, 2010

A Shave Too Close

Far too often now have the grooming rituals been overlooked. There is nothing more important than keeping yourself properly groomed, in both the eyes of fellow men and God himself. The fact that so many times there are knights who forget the most basic fundamentals of good and decent behavior, especially in the presence of good and honorable people. We see a many times throughout my lord's kingdom the grooming rituals being forsaken, but it was a relief to see that Ysbaddaden got the shave that he needed, even if it wasn't of the most favorable circumstances for him. The fact that it was the last one he recieved and that they took off a little more than he preferred is not lost on me, it's a fitting shave for the terrible behemoth. Though if I was Culhwch, I wouldn't have needed the assistance of Arthur to complete the quests that that insideous beast laid out before me. No, just a dedication to completing them would be all that I would need, though I could do without the prize he received. Inspite of Culhwch's inability to complete all the quests on his own without assistance from Arthur and his brave and talented men, his success and his triumph are glorious and may he be blessed for his victory.

No comments: