Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ma Petite Jeune Fille

You have now all seen of my adventures at the castle where I fought for the honor of my little maiden, ma petite jeune fille, who helped to raise my spirit when I was feeling much defeated of my conviction. I have spent much of my life striving to be a noble knight of virtue, and thus have not frequented the arms of a woman passionately. However, although I have kept myself as a most chaste being, I have not seen the great beauties that can be in the face of a lady. Throughout my life I have seen the loveliest of women, fairer even than the most perfect flower.

My queen Guinevere is certainly the most beautiful of the court. She has long hair that shines and moves like a earth-colored river and smells of the sweetest nectar honey, light and clear. She is most graceful in her movements and the way she places her hands in her lap at the table, folded neatly upon one another. Isolde of the White Hands, who shared with Tristan a most tragic life, had skin that makes even the full night moon look spotted and dirty in comparison. The blond of her hair, when it glistened in the high morning sun, could blind a man with one look. Even Lady Bertalik, who deceived me in the end, had the most lovely figure of womanly curves and the full, ripe lips of a dark berry. She looked at me with dark hazel eyes that were both seductive and cunning at once.

However, it is my lady at the castle for whom I fought for, the Maiden with the Small Sleeves, who captures my heart with the most joyous charm of youth. My maiden smells like fresh garden rose and basil mint coming in through the bedroom windows and possesses the small, elfin beauty of a wood nymph. Her cheeks are like rose petals and milk and the sharp aquiline shape of her nose intrigues me to no end. She suffered pain and humiliation at the hand of her wicked older sister (who cares for only looks) and I in turn had to come to her rescue. She pleaded with me in the sweetest voice that I accepted her challenge even at the opposition of her father. I won my maiden her honor and wore her sleeves on my arm to show that.

I may be a man of treason to many now, but to my maiden, dear little one that she is, I am the most spectacular knight that can be.

2 comments:

The Knight of Surcoat said...

Ah, yes. The Maiden of the Small Sleeves- she was truly a most charming young girl. I too think she was the lady with whom I would most happily pledge my service. Of course we think alike- we are the same person! All those other women may have been beautiful and surpassed each other in some ways, but this young girl was kind to me and saw my honor at a time when I needed it most. I feel that is much more important than any looks she could posses. Many women with looks may try to use them for their own gain, but this young girl used her words to impress me, a truly admirable trait!

Giant said...

What drivel! Listen to your young boy antics, like you never passed into the age of men. Keep your wooden swords and be safe with your mother child. your fantasy of such nonsense leaves me to wonder. You seem to be a lady yourself, fragile and emotional. Your idea of beauty is closer to that of a child than that of a knight. No need to grow up though. You are not too young for my meal, but you will not settle well as you are too sweet. Your bones are too fragile to use as a weapon or tools. Your only use as I can see is to hang in the air by your feet and entertain me.