Monday, October 6, 2008

Tristan and Isolde

Alas your tale is a sad one. I know what it is to yearn for a loved one. If I were in you're position i would have conquered King Mark with my battle prowess and taken the Lady Isolde as my own. Better to be in love without obstacles than to be held back by such formalities. With your battle prowess you could have conquered King Mark easily, and taken the kingdom for yourself. This is what i would have done, if you see something you want you must take it. It seems obvious that Mark was the one at fault here for standing in the way of your love, I'm honestly surprised that he didn't meet the end of his life at your blade as this is exactly what i would have done. Alas your deaths are something of legend as well. Better to spend the eternity of death together than to spend more years separated from one another.

2 comments:

Culhwch said...

Bully, Uther! My sentiments exactly. I tried to tell Tristan the same thing, but he is apparently not the knight they claim. he has made a name for himself in battle and been made a sucker for love.

Ygrene said...

Oh darling Uther I am indeed shocked. Although rash action has proven to be a prominent characteristic of yours, I would have expected you to scold Tristan for not leaving Isolde alone. You know well what happens when a man chases a woman and causes war. Death and destruction. Need I remind you of what happened before you called me "wife". And to make matters worse would you wish one of your own men to rise up from your ranks and kill you to claim me?! Oh the thought is too horrible! Consult history before being so bold my love.